The Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector has been crucial to India’s development over the past five decades. Other than providing large employment opportunities at lower capital cost, MSMEs also aid in industrialisation of rural and backward areas. This helps in reducing regional imbalances, assuring a more effective equitable distribution of national income and wealth.
State governments are responsible for promotion and development of MSMEs, though the Government of India does announce various initiatives, too. The ministry, therefore, in 2015, decided to put in place the Udyog Aadhaar, which ensures easy registration and a wider coverage of MSMEs to avail of the benefits under various central and state-run schemes.
For this reason, an Udyog Aadhaar (UA) has been introduced for running units. Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) can be created online at http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)
An UAM is a one-page registration form in which the MSME self certifies its existence, bank account details, owner/promoter’s Aadhar details and other requisite information. This is free of cost.
Details For Online Udyog Aadhaar Form
- Aadhaar Number12: digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant should be filled.
- Name of Owner: The applicant should fill his/her name strictly as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
- Validate Aadhar: The applicant must click on Validate Aadhaar button for verification of Aadhaar. This is required for the user to continue with his/her form.
- Reset: The applicant can click on reset button to clear the field of Aadhaar No. and name of the owner for different Aadhaar.
- Social Category: The applicant may select any of the categories thus mentioned: General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). The proof of the same may be asked, if and when required.
- Name of Enterprise: This name must be the same as the applicant wants his/her enterprise to be known in public as a legal entity. It is to be noted that one applicant can have more than one enterprise registered in his/her name with the same Aadhar number.
- Type of Organization: The applicant may select from the given list the appropriate type of the organisation for his/her enterprise. Only one UAN will be issued for each enterprise.
- Postal Address: The complete postal address of the enterprise including state, district, pin code, mobile number and email must be filed in.
- Date of Commencement: This is to be the date of the start of the operations for the business entity.
- Previous Registration Details: If the applicant’s enterprise, for which the UAN is being applied, is already issued a valid EM-I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, such a number must be mentioned in the appropriate place.
- Bank Details: The applicant must provide his /her bank account detail that is used for running the business. The details include the account number, bank branch, IFSC. All details can be found out on the account holder’s cheque book or can also be found out from the concerned bank directly.
- Major Activity: The major activity i.e. either “Manufacturing” or “Service” must be chosen by the enterprise for Udyog Aadhaar. Now say if you engage in both, but manufacturing happens to take over a chunk of your business, then please mention manufacturing as a major activity, and vice versa if its services.
- National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code): The Applicant may choose multiple National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Codes to include all their activities. This means that the user can select multiple NIC code of Manufacturing and Service sector by clicking “Add More” button. If you want to add Manufacturing then select “Manufacturing” radio button and continue by clicking “Add More” button. The procedure is the same if you want to do it for services. These codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India.
- Person employed: The total number of people who are directly paid for their work by the enterprise must be mentioned.
- lnvestment in Plant & Machinery/Equipment: When asked to calculate the total investment, the original one( purchase value of items) is to be taken into account excluding the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI..
- DIC: The applicant, based on the location of the enterprise, has to fill in location of DIC. This section will be active and show an option only when there is a chance of more than one DIC existing in the district. Say if there is just one DIC, then you’ll be automatically be made part of that. Hit submit to generate the acknowledgment number.