Status as on: 11/03/21
The UP-RERA (“Authority”) on 11th February, 2021 issued the guidelines for Promoters about advertisements related to promotion marketing and sale in Real Estate Project. The Authority with a view to standardize the marketing collaterals released by the promoters/ real estate agents for public consumption, issued guidelines for strict compliance by the following:
- Real Estate Promoters/Agents;
- Property sites showcasing advertisements;
- Media Organizations, i.e. Print Media or Electronic Media;
- Advertising Industry Intermediaries.
Advertisement to be as follows as per the guidelines issued by the UP-RERA:-
- Newspapers & Magazine – In Print & Digital Media– All the advertisements in newspaper and magazine (print or e-media) or a website advertisement must contain link of website of UP-RERA and also full RERA registration number.
- Brochure & Leaflets– Brochure and Leaflets must also contain link of website of UP-RERA and also full RERA registration number.
- Electronic Media– All audio-visual or only audio on radio, TV Commercials, Video Clips, Audio Clip etc. shall mention the UP-RERA registration number and website of the UP-RERA, in clear audible voice in slow pace.
- Social Media & Digital Media– All the Pages of Promoters on any social media website such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc shall mention the UP-RERA registration number and website of the UP-RERA. Also, all the banner ads, text ads etc shall mention the UP-RERA registration number and website of the UP-RERA.
- Outdoor Publicity– All the billboards and hoarding shall mention the UP-RERA registration number and website of the UP-RERA.
The notice issued by the Authority clearly states that all the promoters of the real estate projects registered with UP-RERA and similarly all the real estate agents registered with UP-RERA shall ensure strict compliance of these guidelines. The violation of the mandatory provisions of the RERA act or rules will attract penalty as per the provision of the RERA Act, 2016.
Disclaimer – The above article is based on the personal interpretation of the related orders and laws. The readers are expected to take expert opinion before relying upon the article. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org