According to its name, ‘Aadhaar’ is on its way to becoming a lifeline. Without it, you will not be able to carry out many necessary tasks and transactions. After making the mandatory for government facilities, the government can soon make the Aadhaar necessary for buying shares and mutual funds. The government is considering linking financial market transactions with Aadhar to prevent black money in the stock market. Let’s tell you, the Aadhar is now essential for the 10 services.
Aadhar is mandatory for the following places:-
- Now it is necessary to give the Aadhaar number to open an account in any bank. It is compulsory for all existing account holders to link their accounts with the Aadhar. It is also necessary for transactions of more than Rs. 50 thousand rupees.
- Government has made compulsory mandatory for filing income tax returns. From the FY 2016-17, it is compulsory to Link your Aadhar from your PAN because without linking your return will not upload on Income tax site.
- If you want to apply for a Permanent Account Number (PAN), you must have an Aadhaar Number. If you have already made the pan, then it has to link to the Aadhar.
- The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar card to the provident fund.
- Now you have to give the Aadhar to get a new phone number. Current numbers are also being linked to the Aadhar.
- Students who apply for Central Scholarship or any other financial assistance scheme will also have to provide Aadhaar number.
- The Ministry of External Affairs has included the basis in the necessary documents to make a passport. If you do not have the Aadhar then you can not get a passport too.
- To eliminate misuse and leakage, the railway has made the Aadhar necessary for such passengers who want to get any kind of discount on the ticket.
- Aadhaar card is also required for children receiving mid day meals in government schools.
- Public Distribution Benefit (PDS) has also been linked to the Aadhar. It is now mandatory to link the ration card to the Aadhar to avail the benefits of PDS subsidy.
People who have not their Aadhaar card may face problems in their daily life, so keep in mind and apply for AADHAR Card.
Note – Please note that the above article is part of our continuous research on the related matters. It is based on our interpretation of related regulations which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to take expert opinion before relying on above.