Registration of Real Estate Agent under RERA – Maharashtra
(As per “Maharashtra Real Estate (Regulation and Development)…. Rules, 2017)
As per section 9 of “Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016 (REDA) read with Rule 11 of above mentioned Rules, Every real estate agent need to take prior registration with RERA authority of Maharashtra before dealing in any transactions relating to sale/purchase, advertising or brokerage of property of a project registered under this Act.
Such real Estate Agent as required to register shall make an application in writing to the Authority in Form ‘G’, in triplicate, before the RERA authority of that State.
The real estate agent shall pay a registration fee at the time of application for registration by way of a demand draft or a bankers cheque drawn on any scheduled bank or through online payment, as the case may be, for a sum of
- 10,000/- in case of the applicant being an individual or
- 100,000/- in case of the applicant other than an individual.
Documents Required for RERA Agent Registration –
- The brief details of his enterprise including its name, registered address, type of enterprise (proprietorship, societies, partnership, company etc.);
- the particulars of registration (whether as a proprietorship, partnership, company, society etc.) including the bye-laws, memorandum of association, articles of association etc. as the case may be;
- Name, address, contact details and photograph of the real estate agent, if it is an individual and the name, address, contact details and photograph of the partners, directors etc. in case of other entities;
- Income tax returns for last 3 financial years preceding the application or in case the applicant was exempted from filing returns in any of the three year preceding the application, a declaration to such effect.
- The authenticated copy of the address proof of the place of business, telephone no. email address
- Details of real estate projects and their promoters on whose behalf he has acted as real estate agent in preceding 5 years
- Details of civil, criminal cases pending against him if an individual or any of the partners, directors, trustees, or any other entity
- authenticated copies of all letter heads; rubber stamp images, acknowledgement receipts proposed to be used by the real estate agent;
Validity of Registration
The registration for real estate Agent shall be valid for 5 years until it is revoked. The registered dealer is required to maintain books of accounts, records and accounts.
Author – Amarpal, RERA Consulting – email@example.com
For, Centrik Business Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Note – Please note that the above article is for education purpose only. This is based on our interpretation of laws which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to verify the facts and laws.
Quitr informative. Attaching the form to be filled up for registration as real estate consultant, with this, would have been a better idea..
an NGO/ Co operative Hsg Soc / trust / festival mandal can become real estate agent, please advice
As per the provisions of RERA Act, 2016 a co-operative society registered under any law relating to co-operative societies can become Real Estate agent. However, there are no provisions about NGO, Trust and Festival Mandal’s. For more clarification please contact at 9717790021.
Yes, if the deed is so
What if am starting my new business as a real estate agent, hence before I was working for a real estate company now want to start my own, I don’t have return file of 3 years and I ll manage my business from my home, can I register as a real estate agent in rear. Pls reply.
Yes, you can register yourself as a RERA agent and for that, you have to file an application before the RERA Authority of the State.Also refer the RERA rules of the state before proceeding further.
For more clarification, you can contact at 9717790021.
Hi. If I don’t have any staff and I am working alone. Cani Reg my self as individual
But if my Brokerage cheque comes in company name e.g. ABCD Realtors. Is there any problem in it.
sir this number is not reachebal…i also have started new firm of real estate agent . so i also dont have IT return
so what decleration i shude give ???
Dear sir I want rera ragistration for property agent
I want to do RERA REGISTRATION FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN MAHARASHTRA
1) I have last 3 years IT returns file but I have not done ITreturn for 2018-19 year as there was no business. will it work?
2) I have 1 year experience as property Agent. will it work?
3) I have not worked on RERA project. will it work?
4) I have my office (Rented) will it work?
5) Will they except or reject my proposal?
6) Any sugesstion
Mr. Hemant Tandel, Please send your complete facts and issues at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have applied for Rera Agent certificates 2 month ago but still the correction status , extension status are in read other is in Green so i want to know how much time they take to issue the certificates. i have alredy fulfill there query but still below two parameter is pending don’t know what exctly they need from my side.
can you please guide/suggest.
correction status – Not Submited(Red) , Extension Status- Not Submited (Red).