(As per “Punjab Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Rules, 2017)
As per section 9 of “Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016 (REDA) read with Rule 11 of above mentioned Rules, Every real estate agent needs to take prior registration with RERA authority of Punjab before dealing in any transactions relating to sale/purchase, advertising or brokergage of the property of a project registered under this Act.
Such real Estate Agent as required to register shall make an application in writing to the Authority in Form ‘H’, in triplicate, before the RERA authority of Punjab.
RERA Registration Fees:
The real estate agent shall pay a registration fee at the time of application for registration by way of a demand draft or a bankers cheque drawn on any scheduled bank or through online payment, as the case may be, for a sum of
- 10,000/- in case of the applicant being an individual or
- 50,000/- in case of the applicant other than an individual.
Documents Required for RERA Agent Registration –
- The brief details of his enterprise including its name, registered address, type of enterprise (proprietorship, societies, partnership, company etc.);
- the particulars of registration (whether as a proprietorship, partnership, company, society etc.) including the bye-laws, memorandum of association, articles of association etc. as the case may be;
- Name, address, contact details and photograph of the real estate agent, if it is an individual and the name, address, contact details and photograph of the partners, directors etc. in case of other entities;
- Income tax returns for last 3 financial years preceding the application or in case the applicant was exempted from filing returns in any of the three years preceding the application, a declaration to such effect.
- The authenticated copy of the address proof of the place of business, telephone no. email address
- Details of real estate projects and their promoters on whose behalf he has acted as real estate agent in preceding 5 years
- Details of civil, criminal cases pending against him if an individual or any of the partners, directors, trustees, or any other entity
- authenticated copies of all letter heads; rubber stamp images, acknowledgment receipts proposed to be used by the real estate agent;
Validity of Registration
The registration for real estate Agent shall be valid for 5 years until it is revoked.
The registered dealer is required to maintain books of accounts, records, and accounts.
For, Centrik Business Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Note – Please note that the above article is part of our continuous research on the related matters. It is based on our interpretation of related regulations which may differ person to person. Readers are expected to take expert opinion before relying on above.