The state of Maharashtra owns the biggest share of investment in real estate and construction Industry in India which is nearly 25% of the whole. Although Real Estate industry has become the core of Maharashtra economy but this has also brought the grievances of the consumer in picture.
Lately, RERA Act, 2016 has been introduced and now home-buyers wouldn’t be cheated on the basis of false promises. It is the onus on the builder to provide timely possession of the property to the buyer. Even if buyers face these issues they can directly forward their grievances to the regulatory authority in Maharashtra.
RERA in Maharashtra
RERA, is a set of laws, regulations and authority by the Government to ensure (i) accountability, (ii) sustainability, (iii) grievance redressal, specifically for real estate industry. The Real Estate (Regulations and Development) Act, 2016 was commenced from 01/05/2017.
As required by RERA Act, the State of Maharashtra has notified its final Maharashtra RERA Rules, 2017 on 20/04/2017 which prescribe regulation, form and process for;
- RERA registration by builders and agents
- RERA authority constitutions
- Filing complaints before RERA Authorities
- Complaint redressal system
Common Complaint before RERA
Some the common issues faced by the buyer which are being filed before RERA authority/RERA Adjudicating officer are as under:
- Delay in possession of the Property.
- No refund from the Builder.
- No compensation for the delay as promised
- Delay in registry
- Un-necessary demand by builders
- Non-payment of penalty for delay etc.
Filing RERA Complaint in Maharashtra
The RERA portal in Maharashtra has been launched and facility of filing real estate complaint is just a click away but still the professional advice before filing RERA complaints is advisable because disclosure of correct facts and figures of the complaints can enhance the chances of reducing the decision in your favour.
RERA complaint in Maharashtra can be filed before following authorities depending upon the kind of grievance.
(i) Complaint to RERA Adjudicating Officer – Any complaint relating to claim of interest and compensation, which is covered by section 12, 14, 18 and 19, of RERA Act, 2016, can be filed in form ‘B’ before Maharashtra RERA Adjudicating officer. The complaint shall be filed with the fees prescribed of Rs. 5000/-.
The RERA Adjudicating officer shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose of the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed of, in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(ii) Complaint to Maharashtra RERA Authority –
- Any complaint relating to violations of RERA Act, or RERA Rules and regulations,
- Except those which can be filed with RERA adjudicating officer,
- Can be filed before RERA Authority in form ‘A’.
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 5000/-.
The RERA Authority shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose of the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed of, in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(iii) Complaint to Maharashtra RERA Tribunal – RERA tribunal is second appellate authority.
- Any person aggrieved by order of RERA authority or adjudicating officer
- may file complaint to Maharashtra RERA tribunal in form “C”.
- Within 60 days from the date of receipt of such order
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 5000/-.The RERA Tribunal shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
How we help in Complaint Filing and Redressal
RERA consulting team of Centrik is very versatile and experienced. We have in-depth and practical experience in dealing various issues and RERA litigation before different RERA authority. To name, some consultancy, are as under:
- RERA registration for project and agents
- RERA Complaint filing & redressal
- RERA Compliance
- RERA Advisory
- Appearance before RERA Authority
- And other Advisory
For more details and advisory, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 8383011629